Pinterest Hover Button

Guns by JA Juss | New Release & Author Interview


GUNS:The Spencer BOOK (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) By JA Huss
Published March 31, 2014
Contemporary Romance, New Adult-ish, Suspense
Synopsis:
THIS IS NOT A STANDALONE BOOK - IT IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED THAT YOU READ ALL THE PREVIOUS NOVELS AND NOVELLAS BEFORE STARTING THIS BOOK
Spencer Shrike is a man with a plan. Get in. Get out. Move on. He loves Ron the Bomb, and her safety is the only thing on his mind these days. But life is a tricky bastard, and conning criminals for the better part of ten years brings its own set of problems. Sure, Rook lied her way out of a sticky situation, covering for crimes Ronin, Ford, and Spencer committed, and getting them all off scot-free in the process.

But not everyone is buying Rook’s story, and Spencer is desperate to figure out who’s in town setting them up for a fall.

Veronica the Bombshell Vaughn has put up with Spencer Shrike’s shit for years and where has it gotten her? A big fat nowhere. No ring, no house, no kids, and no promises. In fact, Spencer is worse than ever—completely distant and moody. She’s done sitting at home, pining over a man she can’t have.

But she’s not opposed to fighting for him.

Ron the Bomb fights hard and she fights dirty, so she’s willing to do whatever it takes to get Spencer’s attention.

But now there’s another man in town with his eye on her. He’s got secrets too, but unlike Spencer, Bobby Mansi is more than willing to let Veronica in on them.

The entire Rook and Ronin series comes full circle. Every con, every lie, and every skeleton in the closet is back for one final shot at vengeance and the only way to set it right…  is to get out the guns.


BUY LINKS TO COME

OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES

(99 CENTS) ROOK AND RONIN OMNIBUS: TRAGIC - MANIC - PANIC
FORD NOVELLA: SLACK: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston
FORD NOVEL: TAUT: The Ford book


BOMB NOVELLA: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike



Author Interview:

Are you more of an introvert or extrovert? 
Definitely introvert.

Do you have a book boyfriend and if so, who is it? 
Well, the book boyfriends I tell everyone about are Andrew Parish from The Edge of Never, and Jesse Ward from the This Man series. I don’t know why – since a lot of people think JW is insufferable – but I think he’s cute with his “sense fucks” and countdowns. But my real book boyfriend a futuristic assassin name Takeshi Kovacs, the star of a very bloody, very violent, SF series that starts with Altered Carbon and ends with my favorite book of all time, Woken Furies. (Yes, of all time). Try as I might, I still love the hell out of that guy years later.

Favorite drink while working? 
Diet Pepsi. It’s pretty much all I drink.

Cliffhangers or no cliffhangers? (do you like to use them) 
Eh, if the story needs a cliffy, I put it in. If I can end it tied up in a bow, I will. Just to avoid pissing people off.  

Music/TV or Silence? What are you listening to while your write? 
Music. I am a 24/7 Spotify listener. I make a new playlist for every book. Spotify is so nice, they send me recommendations every time I add a song. So I’m always looking for new music or music I never heard when it was popular. Right now I’m listening to Konstantine by Something Corporate. Love that song. It migrates playlists with each book. The GUNS playlist is filled with Florence and the Machine and the Naked and the Famous. The next book is a novella called COME and that list has a lot of MS MR and Buckcherry.

What is your guiltiest pleasure? No judging here on Chapter Break. 
I don’t know. Probably Zappos shopping on payday. :)

What is the best advice you ever received? 
With great power, comes great responsibility. Spiderman’s Uncle Ben told me that once (via cartoon) and I think he’s on to something.

What is one thing you do better at than most? 
Fake my way through school. It was just too easy. I have a great memory so I’m a good test taker. I faked my way all the way into a PhD program. :)  Luckily I quit when I came to my senses and decided being a scientist was not for me. And then I decided to write books instead.

What is one thing that you do worse at than most? 
Give a shit. And keep track of important things, like money.

Last words or words of encouragement? Anything else we would love to know?
Words of encouragement: You know you hear people say you gotta want it so bad to be successful (talking about success in whatever field – mostly the arts like acting or painting or music.) This is so true. People who want to write bestsellers do whatever it takes to pen that book. People who want to be rock stars or famous painters, ditto. It’s a life. It’s not a hobby. So even though some people get lucky and some people find a way to cheat, chances are you (or me or whoever) won’t get lucky enough, and won’t be able to cheat well enough, to make it matter. So work your ass off, keep moving forward, and believe in yourself. It’s the only way to do it right.

Thanks a bunch for being on the GUNS tour and having me on the blog!



BIO
JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astronomy, and forensics. She has an undergraduate degree in equine science and a master’s degree in forensic toxicology. She has never taken a creative writing class and she hopes she never will.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being on the tour! :) I'm a big music listener too the radio is on here from 8am to 8pm daily. I have never used Spotify but I've heard of it. I should get familiar with it it sounds neat!!

    ReplyDelete